Installation & Repairs
Fun fact: A metal roof can actually last a lifetime.
Unlike asphalt or other roofing systems, a metal roof can withstand all types of weather conditions. According to the Metal Roofing Alliance, the average life of a non-metal roof is 17 years, while the average life of a metal roof two to three times that.
The initial cost of installing a metal roof will be more than most other roofing systems, but you’ll generally save money over time. And if you don’t really care for the way metal roofs look, don’t despair; they can be designed to resemble asphalt shingles, clay tile, shake or slate.
Looking into metal roofing in Springfield, IL? We can handle all of your needs, including installation and repairs. A metal roof can often increase the resale value of your home, so contact us today to get started!
Metal roofing: just the facts
- There’s a misconception that metal roofs increase the dangers of lightning striking your home. Instead, it offers extra protection! If lightning were to hit the metal roof, it would disperse the energy easily, with no damage. And because it’s not flammable (unlike some other roofing systems), it’s even safer.
- People also may assume that a metal roof is louder than other types. But these systems are installed with a solid sheathing, so it actually silences any noises caused by rain or hail.
- Concerned about rust? Steel metal roofing comes with a zinc-based coating that prevents most rust from forming. Your paint color goes on top of the coating.
- As for possible dents, metal roofs — again — are very durable in extreme weather, including hailstorms. Modern metal roofs can withstand wind gusts of up to 150 miles per hour, which is equivalent to an F2 tornado.
- Metal roofs are also a good choice, energy-wise. No matter what the color, they will reflect heat in the summer and provide insulation in the winter. They are also a positive “green” choice; most are made of 30 to 60 percent recyclable materials.
To learn more about metal roofing in Springfield, IL or the surrounding area, contact Williams Roofing and Construction. We are experts in both installation and repairs of metal roofs. Let us get started on your system today!