Your roof does it’s job of protecting you from the elements. Because of this, when shopping for a new roof, you should make sure you make the right choice for your needs. Asphalt shingles remain a great option, especially as they’ve been lauded one of the most popular materials out there. To help you weigh your decision, we’ve listed some of the pros and cons associated with the material:
- These roofs have an easy installation process.
- They remain an economically viable option; they don’t cost much compared to other roof materials.
- They have a long life-span: usually about 20 years.
- They come with a wide selection of color options to fit your house.
- Sudden violent weather changes can easily damage them.
- They cannot be installed in extremely low temperatures.
- Bad ventilation will shorten their lifespan.
- They require more maintenance than metal or slate roofs.
Hopefully this list helps you in making your decision on which type of new roof would be appropriate for you. Here at Williams Roofing and Construction Inc., we offer asphalt shingle installation alongside a host of other roofing services. If you’d like more information, you can speak with us at [nw_data field=phone].